At the YMCA you are not just a member; you’re part of our family. Here are a few policies to keep in mind to make your experience the best it can be.
Two electronic complimentary guest passes per membership will be given upon joining the YMCA. These passes will be under the billing member on the membership, however, any active member on the membership may use them following all policies listed below. A member may also bring a guest by purchasing a day pass. Members are responsible for their guest while they are in the facility.
- All guests 14 years and older must present a valid ID to enter the building.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member at all times while utilizing the facility and comply with all member rules and regulations. Guests 12 - 17 will be required to sign a Code of Conduct before using the facility.
- A maximum of two guests per member is permitted at one time.
- Each guest is allowed to visit the facility a maximum of five times per calendar year without purchasing a membership.
- Guest fees may be applied to the cost of membership if used within a 6 month period.
* Between November 1 and February 28, NO guests will be permitted after 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Memberships may be frozen for medical reasons that prevent you from participating at the YMCA. A physician’s letter is required for all medical freezes. The medical letter/excuse must list the start and end date of the freeze. Please notify member services prior to the start date of all medical freezes.
Credits & Refunds
Request for credits and refunds must be processed at the Member Service Desk by the end of the session in order for credit to be given. Membership and Joiner’s fees/dues are non-refundable and non-transferable. Membership refund requests accompanied by a physician note will be considered by the Associate Branch Director. All program requests are processed at the discretion of the program directors. Every effort will be made to allow makeup classes due to emergency situations. We can refund/credit as follows:
- Refunds will be given for classes cancelled due to insufficient enrollment only.
- Refunds will be given for program memberships if classes are cancelled for insufficient enrollment. Please note: If you upgrade your membership during a session, the difference in program fees is non-refundable.
- Credit will be issued only when the YMCA is unable to provide a makeup class due to repairs or when an instructor is absent.
- Credit will be issued for illness when it results in the loss of four or more consecutive class days and must be supported by a doctor’s note.
- Credits issued must be used within six months of issue date.
- Credit will not be issued for missed classes.
YMCA AWAY and NJ Reciprocity
AWAY means “Always Welcome at YMCAs”. Our members are part of a nationwide association of people helping to build strong kids, strong families, and strong communities. The AWAY program provides access to participating YMCAs in the United States when you travel away from home on business or vacation. A YMCA’s participation in this program is voluntary. Some restrictions apply.
Because each local YMCA sets its own policies, each participating YMCA in the AWAY program has its own local restrictions. If you are planning to be out of town and would like to visit another YMCA, please call that YMCA for its visitor policies before you go. To find information on any YMCA in the United States, go to www.ymca.net and conduct a “Find Your YMCA” search. YMCAs participating in the AWAY program are noted.
The state of NJ has a reciprocal membership agreement which allows you to visit participating YMCAs in NJ at no cost following their policies. You must use your Home YMCA (the YMCA you are paying dues to) the most. Please call the YMCA you are planning to visit in advance to find out their specific policies and types of facilities available to you.
Please click here for our full Member Handbook with all of our policies.